Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bird Coasters

I love birds, and I love using them in my crafties.  We were watching Portlandia and they had a skit on that was all about me (see clip in post Put a bird on it).  I was laughing so hard because I had this idea about making coasters with birds on them.

I bought 4 ceramic tiles from Home Depot for 16 cents each, I was very happy about the price! I got rubber adhesive circles to attach to the bottom to prevent skidding.  I picked out some blue paint, and got my bird stencil and got to work.


I lightly traced the stencil on the tile with a pencil.  I used a thin brush to outline it and then filled it in.  I did the same picture on all 4 tiles for simplicity reasons.  I wanted a silhouette of a bird so it would be easy to hide mistakes.  I have limited experience painting, so the simpler the better for me. 

Once they were dry I added the rubber circles on the bottom. 


That was it, I had four new bird coasters to add to my bird collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment